Client Profile– Client B & C – Medical Services company & Fabless Semiconductor Company
- Engagement — Global WAN RFP
- Situation – Client utilized incumbent US-based WAN provider on four year old contract terms. Global telecom architecture included four providers, not including local loop. Client satisfied with $4.1M annual spend, instead favoring improved bandwidth and desiring managed network services.
- Our Activities Included —
- Benchmarked and identified global WAN Gartner Magic Quadrant leaders. Recommended variety of bidders due to multiple considerations critical to client goals.
- Evaluated 14 different suppliers, ranging from local regional, to full global WAN providers.
- Created and drove client’s WAN architecture and strategy, including CIO review and approval.
- Identified Red/Yellow/Green site location consumption model to phase in increase bandwidth services to most critical sites.
- Drafted RFP, and drove ‘go-to market’ effort, including bidder onsite presentations, evaluations, and eventually a cut-down list of finalists.
- Moved from regional VPLS and MPLS provider solutions, to a single global WAN MPLS & DIA solution integrated across all 97 client site locations, including multiple routing design redundancy,
- Brought & leveraged executive relationships across AT&T, BT, GCX, Orange, Tata Communications, KDDI, China Telecom, enabling access to markets and benchmarked commercial terms.
- Provided both client and supplier legal guidance to rapidly close mutually valuable contractual terms, including annual re-rates when pricing deemed not market competitive.
- Challenge – IT organization sought to secure regional contribution to global WAN consolidation effort. Telecom network stability and integration was critical to reducing routine ‘P-level’ outages.
- Results – $3.7M cost savings delivered on $7.7M spend. 32% reduction returned from existing $11.4M baseline. Secured truly global single WAN provider footprint across client’s 97 site locations, increasing bandwidth and moved client into opex model via network managed services solution.