Client Profile– Client C – Large Compute Company
- Engagement — Microsoft Enterprise Agreement (EA) 3-year renewal negotiation
- Situation – Client consumed existing Microsoft EA discount level for past 6 years as baseline rate. Client saw this new EA as a ‘true-up’ with modest negotiation potential. Client completed full inventory one week prior to EA expiration date. Microsoft penetrated every Client level to socialize existing terms as acceptable. Microsoft team exploited expiration date pressure.
- Our Activities Included —
- Leveraged Microsoft’s Q3 deadline for discount level pressure
- Brought Microsoft Sales relationship with West Region executive for discount level access
- Benchmarked industry comparisons via Gartner data and other data services
- Negotiated Business Investment Funds (BIF’s) towards acquisition & integration of Microsoft 360
- Challenge – Negotiate from an existing approved discount rate three-year EA with Microsoft with one week remaining prior to EA contract expiration date, and overcome Microsoft influence to Client.
- Results – $1.7M cost avoidance delivered on proposed $10M spend. 18% reduction returned from baseline. Increased discount level 375% over client’s existing contractual discount levels. Negotiated, signed, closed EA renewal on time. Exceedingly happy Client.